CHAKANA ADVENTURE TRAVEL TERMS & CONDITIONS
CONTRACT BETWEEN THE CLIENT AND “CHAKANA ADVENTURE TRAVEL PERU” (CHAT PERU)
- To secure a booking with Chakana Adventure Travel, the Client must deposit 30% of the entire price of the trip (minimum $200). All flights (domestic and international) must be paid 100% in advance to secure spaces.
- A booking is accepted and becomes definite from the date CHAT PERU has received the deposit from the Client.
- The contract is made between CHAT PERU and the Client, which includes all persons named on the booking form. The person signing the booking form warrants that he/she has full authority on behalf of all the persons whose names appear thereon and confirms that all such persons are fully aware of and accept these conditions
- The balance of the amount due must be paid to Chakana Adventure Travel Peru (CHAT PERU) no later than 30 days before departure. In case of non-payment of the balance by the due date, CHAT PERU will treat the booking as cancelled by the Client.
- In the case of bookings made within 30 days of the departure date, the full amount of package price has to be paid at once.
- In the case of bookings made within 10 business days, a US$50 late booking fee (per booking, not per person) will be charged.
- Payment can either be made by wire transfer, direct deposit, or check. In case of a bank transfer, all wiring and transfer costs should be assumed by the Client.
- All prices are United States of America Dollar based. All quoted Euro and Pound prices are referential and for the convenience of the Client. The Client can choose to pay in Euros or Pounds; however, if the amount in Euros or Pounds that is quoted is more than 4% below the amount based on the original dollar price and exchange rate of the day of payment, the amount paid in Euros or Pounds will be recalculated based on the exchange rate of the day of payment.
- Our prices do not include Peruvian sales taxes. Those exempt from paying this tax must meet the legal standards. For an exemption from the IGV (General Sales Tax) the visitor (guest) must prove he or she meets the international treaty standards honored in Peru by showing a passport, driver’s license or national identity card. Please note that visitors who have stayed in Peru longer than 60 calendar days are no longer exempt from IGV (General Sales Tax). Also please make sure that your identity documents are legible and note that the TAM (Andina Migration Card) cannot substitute a passport.
INCLUDED IN EXPEDITION COST:
- Basis of Rates: All prices are based on two persons sharing a room.
- All prices and fares are quoted in U.S. dollars and it is per person.
- For children aged 0 – 11, the package price is based on sharing a room with adults. Prices will be confirmed or advised at the time you book.
- Once we receive your deposit, your tour package price is guaranteed and any subsequent price increases will be at our expense.
Accommodations and meals as indicated in the itinerary (B
= breakfast, L
= lunch, D
= dinner); pre-departure information; entrance fees, excursions, and sightseeing noted as included in the itinerary; ground transportation during the expedition; transfers to and from group flights where applicable; services of guides, and any other staff; and taxes. Please note: the "B, L, D" notations apply to the period during the expedition only. Internal airfare is included on some expeditions as indicated in the itinerary.
International Flights and related fees; Some Internal Flights and related fees (except as indicated in the itinerary); activities noted as optional in the itinerary; gratuities for trip or expedition's crew, unless otherwise noted on the itinerary page; passport and visa expenses; baggage/accident/cancellation insurance; personal expenses, such as laundry, telephone calls, and alcoholic beverages; and any other items not specifically noted as included.
CANCELLATIONS AND CHANGES MADE BY THE CLIENT:
CANCELLATIONS AND CHANGES BY THE COMPANY:
- Any cancellations or changes made by the client must be submitted in writing by the client at their earliest convenience.
- Client is responsible for any fees or charges incurred by the cancellation.
- Cancellation 90 days or more prior to the tour start date: Full refund of deposit made, minus $100, administration fee per person.
- Cancellation 60-89 days prior to the tour start date: Loss of 30% deposit
- Cancellation 31-59 days prior to the tour start date: Loss of 50% of total package price
- Cancellation 0-30 days prior to tour start date: Loss of 100% package total
- All appropriate refunds will be made directly to your credit card or bank account, minus any fees indicated.
- We will make every reasonable effort to operate your tour as sold. However, we reserve the right to curtail or modify the itinerary, or to substitute activities, hotels, meals or transportation as we deem necessary
- None of these modifications or changes shall affect the land package price.
- We reserve the right to cancel a trip at any time for a reason that in our opinion would compromise the quality of the trip or the safety of the passengers or any other circumstances beyond our control. (Acts of God, etc) Should we need to cancel the tour (not related to situations beyond our control), we will refund your fully paid pre-payments or work with you to apply those payments to another tour.
- We are acting as your agent only and have no liability or responsibility for the performance of services by the airlines including, but not limited to, accident, death, personal injury, property damage or flight delay.
- Cancellations: All air packages and air tickets are subject to cancellation policies imposed by the Airline.
- Flight bookings are totally non-refundable or transferable.
- Accommodation is as specified in the accommodation section of our web site.
- We reserve the right to offer an alternative accommodation of a similar standard in the case the accommodation specified in our web site is overbooked or for any reason beyond our control. No changes will be made after payment.
- Important note: All accommodations within Peru will require you to show your passport and let them make a photocopy of it in order to check you in. This is a requirement for government and taxes purposes.
GUESTS NEEDING SPECIAL ASSISTANCE:
- We strongly encourage the purchase of independent travel insurance in the case of medical or other emergencies, i.e. acts of God, in order for you to have the maximum coverage, satisfaction and peace of mind possible.
- We highly recommend you have adequate travel insurance for your trip. In order to obtain a quote please click http://www.squaremouth.com/20447
- Certain itineraries may include activities that present challenges to or are not suitable for passengers with special needs.
- We strongly recommend that guests requiring assistance be accompanied by a companion who is capable of, and totally responsible for, providing assistance.
- Please let us know if special assistance is required.
- We will make every effort to accommodate special requests, such as smoking, adjacent or connecting rooms, bed size, dietary needs or any other special request.
- These terms and conditions, those contained in the Chakana Adventure Travel Peru E.I.R.L website and the pre-departure Materials constitute an agreement between all parties involved.